uWAMIT brings together multidisciplinary UW faculty to focus current university research assets to:
- Translate research results into commercial healthcare solutions
- Design and synthesize novel molecular probes
- Develop and validate imaging systems and protocols for molecular imaging
- Initiate collaboration among chemists, biologists, physicists, engineers, and physicians
- Develop ultrasound-assisted molecular therapies
Current uWAMITresearch is focused on three projects that integrate ultrasound with biomolecular tools. These projects leverage our existing strenghts in ultrasound and molecular imaging, have a high potential for growth, form a strategic alliance between molecular ultrasound programs at the UW, and have clear potential paths to commercialization.